Sunday 15 November 2009

Six Common Denominators of Success

I have found that following these steps helps keep me focussed on the tasks I need to complete throughout my day.  

1) Daily Visualisation
I spend at least 30 mins each day on visualising my goals and dreams.  Personally, I find that a goals board on the wall above my desk with pictures of my dream home, car, holiday destination etc works really well.  I also take time to visit the websites and build the car, take a virtual tour through the showhome or look at videos of my dream holiday destination.  Do whatever works best for you to bring forward the positive emotions attached to the thoughts of what you WANT!  Feel the emotion as if you had achieved the goal already.

2) Self Development
I spend at least an hour a day on reading, watching DVD's or listening to audio CD's of personal development information.  Top tip here is to have an audio CD in the car that you can play even when you are driving to the shops or picking the kids up from school.  

3) Income Producing Activity
Do not get stuck in 'analysis paralysis'!  Take daily action to produce the income you need to get you to your goals.  Post adverts, call propsects, hand out flyers, update your blog...but do SOMETHING!

4) Mastermind With Other Leaders
I try as often as possible to pick the brains of the people who are being successful.  This means getting on training calls, picking up the phone and asking for hints and tips, going on webinars..learning from those who have been there and done it. Why take the long road when you can shortcut your way to success?

5) Cultivate the Expectation of Leadership
See yourself as a Leader and others will follow.  I have a belief in the products I use and promote so it is only right that I have a belief in myself and my ability to teach people to do the same.

6) Have an Attitude of Gratitude
I take time out every day to say thanks for the blessings in my life.  It's amazing how uplifting it can be to appreciate the good that is in our lives.  Tell the people who matter that you appreciate them and just see what you get back!

Hope this helps.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Stuart, spoke to you briefly on that skype, I was the person who said it was like coming home to friends, anyhow just checking what i was missing, this is fab, great, and sooo true! love it. Ruthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, here I am, late, but here. I'm on day 24 now and yesterday was just the best day so far. On thoughts, (subconsious mind) I had one on my 50 mile drive to work this morning, it was like a light being switched on, clarity of what to do! BF works, everyone should do it....

    ReplyDelete